Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cougars

Cougar (As defined by the Dictionary): A large, powerful cat, Felis concolor, of North and South America: now greatly reduced in number and endangered in some areas.

Cougar (as defined by our ridiculous society): An old, powerful woman, Femalis cradlerobber, of Los Angeles, New York, and or Las Vegas: now greatly increased in number due to stupid shows like Desperate Housewives, and people like Demi Moore.

In my travels today I was lucky enough to have located both of these "cougar" species in the state of Montana. The specimens although well preserved had both been hit by a car within the past 24 hours, this is more visible on the picture of the woman.
North American Cougar/Mountain Lion:



North American Cougar/Creeper


The above photo of "Societies Cougar" is somewhat innaccurate because this poor creature has been hit by a vehicle going at least 80mph.

For the record: In no way am I trying to make light of the fact that an actual cougar is dead because of a vehicle, and I apologize to anyone who I may have offended (you know who you are).

I saw this cougar today, and had to see what one looked like up close, and I was stunned by its size, and beauty. I was strictly trying to speak to the ridiculous fact that cougars no longer refer to the powerful, and beautiful animal that I drove past today on the side of the road. And also to point out that Barbara "wa wa" Walters is Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment