Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blessing in Disguise

Today I went out to take pictures of life...the wild variety. I got a bit overzealous and tried to drive up a mountain that has not been visited by a vehicle since I kissed a girl (decades). I proceeded to get my 4runner stuck deep in the snow, after about an hour of shoveling myself out I decided to read my car manual to deactivate the traction control on my car so I could get out.

I realized that this was the first time I have read my car manual, and upon my emergency browsing session I found out that my car has a built in car alarm that I was unaware of. This pleased me for 2 reasons:

A) I can feel confident that the bars of gold I keep in my glove box will be safe at night.
B) I am now getting cheaper car insurance because my vehicle has a newly discovered anti-theft device!

I eventually got "unstuck" and continued my Sunday photo session. I also realized how fortunate my driving mishap was because I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by reading my manual (not switching to Geico).

No comments:

Post a Comment