Thursday, November 11, 2010

Here we go again...

First of all that is also the title to a great song and I encourage anyone on a road trip to listen to it on repeat for at least 3 hours. Whitesnake is a great band, and most likely the name of one of the gentlemen I met at the gas station in Browning, MT today while filling up. Browning is a large Indian Reservation north of Great Falls, and I don't reccomend stopping there on purpose, not safe.

Per some recent requests, I have decided to start blogging again. I have been trying to figure out what to write about, and then I remembered the original title of my blog "The Passenger Seat" I am going to start telling you about weird and awesome and boring things that happen to me while roadtripping.

In the near future I will focus on cuisine due to a recent increase in the Per Diem money that I get to spend on the road. They boosted our per diems from:

Breakfast $10
Lunch $10
Dinner $20

To...

Breakfast $15
Lunch $20
Dinner $35!? <---- Yeah, its actually hard to spend that much on a meal when you don't drink alone.

Tonight I had the Lobster special, with a potato skins appetizer and garlic bread...I ate it all except some of the garlic mashed potatoes, and my bill only came to 24 bucks.

I plan on spending about 29 bucks on each dinner and tipping 6 bucks, thats ok right?

Before I go to bed I want to leave you with my tipping proceedures. First I am a fan of H2O and I only drink water when I eat...sooooo I literally base 90% of my tipping on how well they refill my water. I LOVE water, 70% of my body loves water so much that it keeps it. Tonight I only had 2 glasses because the bartender didn't refill my water for 20 minutes...yeah...with all that food, and I got 1 refill. This would be ok if the water cup provided was decent size, but Nooooooooooo, this cup of water was similar to a shot glass for babies. Not to mention the cubes filled 3/4 of the glass. The ice cube excess actually proved valuable because in the 20 minutes when I had 0 water I was able to wait for the cubes to melt and get a small quenching each 5 minutes.

Venue: Dante's Creative Cuisine. Great Falls, MT
Food: Lobster with Garlic Mashed Taters, Potato Skins, Garlic Bread...and 2 cups of water. Grade: B+
Price: $31 plus tip
Overall Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment